What are the causes of weight gain?
Obesity or weight gain has become one of the major concerns among the people these days
Weight gain can be due to following reasons-
1.Eating excessive junk food, processed food or foods high in calories and fat content
2.Lack of proper water intake
3.Lack of exercise or physical work out
4. High level of stress
5.Lack of sleep
6.Genes and Family history
7.Health conditions like thyroid, hormonal imbalance etc
What should my calorie intake should be?
Within a healthy, balanced diet, a man needs around 10,5000kJ (2500 Kcal) a day to maintain his weight. For a woman, that figure is around 8400kJ (2000Kcal) a day. These values can vary depending on age, metabolism and levels of physical activity, among other things.
How can I maintain a healthy weight?
To maintain a healthy weight you need to balance out the calories you intake through food and drink with the amount of calories you burn doing the physical activity in a day depending on age, metabolism and levels of physical activity, among other things.
How can I lose weight?
To lose weight you have to cut down on your calories and increase the intensity of the physical workout you do following a healthy and balanced diet. Weight loss should always be carried under the supervision of a practitioner.
How do I know if I need to lose weight?
There are many ways which can give you an idea if you have a healthy weight or you need to lose your body fat, you can calculate your BMI( check BMI calculator), or see a doctor for advance check up and details of your body.
What are the benefits of losing weight?
If you're overweight or obese, losing weight can reduce your risk of some potentially serious health problems. Most people who need to lose weight can get health benefits from losing even a small amount – about 5% – of their weight if they keep it off.
If you're overweight or obese, you have a higher risk of:
1.High blood pressure
4.Type 2 diabetes
5.Some types of cancer
Up to what age can you increase your height?
It is difficult to see increase in height after reaching adulthood because height increase up to 24 years of age for men and 18 years of age for women. It all depends on the production of hormones that halts after the mentioned years of age respectively for men and women. However, all this process is natural but if hormones are released naturally then increase in height can be achieved.
Following steps can be taken if you desire to increase your height normally if you are under 18
- Avoid growth inhibitors like Antibiotics, drugs, alcohol and cigarettes and let your height grow taller naturally.
- Always remember to keep your head and neck aligned in a straight posture, it helps to increase your height
- Doing Stretches exercises can also help
- Try Hanging exercises
- Proper diet and nutrition are the most important factors in the proper development of the body
- Exposure to sunlight as we get vitamin D from sunlight and it really enhances the growth in height
How can I gain weight?
Gaining weight can be as strenuous activity as losing weight, lean people have to struggle a lot sometimes to have a hefty build.
With the help of following tips it can help you gain some extra pounds
- Eat 5-6 small and healthy meals in your day
- You can try weight gainer shakes and creatine under the supervision of a physician
- Take adequate sleep
- You should do weight training at least 3-4 times a week
- Consume 300-500 calories more
- Consume foods rich in protein
- Last but not the least be patient and give some time to your body
What do you mean by body building?
Bodybuilding means the practice of sculpting one’s muscles with resistance training and other forms of exercise, proper nutrition and rest.
Body builders have to follow a strict diet and follow a proper exercise and weight training routine.
Tips for body building-
- Focus on lifting more weight over time
- Perform exercises that work on two muscle group at once
- Give proper fuel( nutrition) to your body before or after workout
- Change the type of work out on time to time basis so your body does not get use to it
- It is very important to give rest to your body after work outs
- Intake of proper amount of fluids is very necessary
Why is exercise important?
Exercise is very important to keep your body healthy, It refreshes your mind, improves your stamina and relieves stress. Moreover regular exercise can help you maintain a healthy weight and helps you to stay away from many diseases like obesity, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes etc.
What type of exercise should I do to lose weight?
Any exercise that gives you full body work out can help you lose weight, like jogging, running, swimming, cycling and high interval training exercises are quiet common these days. Make sure whatever exercise you do to lose weight you also need to cut down on your calories to get best results. Also take the help of a trainer to perform these exercises.
I am bodybuilder what exercises are good for me?
Well to shape up your body and for increasing muscle mass the body builder are suggested to undertake weight training, that include exercises like triceps, push-ups, hamstrings etc. Any exercise you perform should be under the supervision of a physical trainer. As doing an exercise wrong can have fatal effects on the health.
How many times in a week should I go to gym or exercise?
Well it is no hard and fast rule but you should exercise at least 3-4 times in a week to maintain good health.
I am a diabetic-type 2 patient what kind of exercises is good and safe for me?
Exercise is safe and highly recommended for people with type 2 diabetes even with complications. You can start with low impact exercises such as swimming, walking etc but make sure you consult your doctor before starting with any exercise.
What kind of diet shall I take to stay healthy?
Eating well plays an important part in maintaining good health. Below are eight practical tips that cover the basics of healthy eating and can help you make healthier choices:
- Base your meals on starchy foods as these give you energy.
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables every day. Eat at least five portions of a variety of fruit and vegetarian a day.
- Eat more fish. Eat at least two portions of fish every week, including one portion of oily fish like mackerel or sardines. If you’re vegetarian and don’t eat fish, you can opt for other vegetarian sources rich in protein and omega3
- Cut down on saturated fat and sugar.
- Eat less salt – no more than 6g a day for adults.
- Get active and be a healthy weight.
- Drink plenty of water, about 6-8 glasses of water (or other fluids) every day.
- Don’t skip breakfast. Always eat breakfast because it gives you the energy you need for the day.
Do I need to take any vitamin supplements?
Normally vitamin supplements are recommended for those who have any deficiency of any kind of vitamins and minerals in their body. But with the present lifestyle and eating habits people prefer to take vitamin supplements but make sure a doctor advised and a proper health checkup should be done before starting any supplements as no doubt these supplements are made to fill up the deficiency in the body but it could be harmful in the long run.
What are the health risks of smoking?
Smoking is highly injurious to health it can cause many serious health diseases like Lung cancer, heart attacks, cardiovascular diseases, leukemia and many more diseases to be named. If you are a smoker you should quit it as soon as possible before it gets too late. A proper diet, exercises and meditation can help you quit smoking.
What is passive smoking and is it harmful?
Breathing someone else’s cigarette smoke is called passive smoking, In this case you are not a smoker but you inhale the smoke from your surrounding via the people who smoke, It is equally harmful and can lead to many hazardous diseases. You should encourage people around you to quit smoking as a healthy nation is in the hands of healthy people.